ODRadiant wishlist / bugs report

Discussion for all things OverDose development, including work in progress media, features and news. Also contains help and support. Release date: November 23rd 2059.
IZaRTaX

ODRadiant wishlist / bugs report

Post » Sat May 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Size info: Add size info for brush and patch, it's very annoying if you want to cut a brush in the middle or size it in the right way (cod4 radiant picture)

Func group : if you try to edit/add new textures on brush side and redo it (ctrl+z) the tool crash or all group disappears

Cut tool : multiples cut on brush cause issues and add more brushes

Multiple patch vertice selection : Very annoying you have to press escape or reselect them every time the green vertice itbox is lower and icons are too big (should be great if you can add the patch selection blue box vertice on 3d view as well)

Decals texture
It is possible to make all decal textures translucent in the editor to avoid the white background ?

Camera view : It is possible to have a camera view without "wasd" control like uber tool,darkradiant or codradiant?

-Right click to move backwards and forwards

-Right click+CTRL to move up and down

-Right click+CTRL+Shift to move the camera as you wish

Shortcut to select everything in 2d view
: shortcut to select everything in certain area like this

Weapon clip / Non-Colliding brushes :
Anyway to make it possible in ODradiant?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you understand what I'm saying this is just my opinion after trying the tools ;)
Last edited by IZaRTaX on Sat May 11, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoD4/CoD5/Bo3 Level Designer Mp / Zombie

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5F68A20EE7

Gavavva
[TBG] Admin

Post » Sun May 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Nice, this is what I want to see :)

Ok, so:

Size info - This was a default option to the other Radiants and tell the truth I thought we already had this some place. Nicolas must have spring cleaned and removed it.

Func group - This is an odd crash? To be fair, you will likely never be using func_group for an actual asset, i.e. something you would see, and would usually just texture this with a common texture. I've replicated the crash here and added it to the tracker.

Cut tool - The general idea was always that you place your points then press enter, and it will cut away. Same function as other radiants? Unless I'm not understanding?

Multiple patch vertice selection - This is an issue in all Radiant and GTK versions, and to be fair its because its hard to do in a 2d grid view. Better off grabbing the vert in the 3d view and moving in the 2d view.

Decals texture - This is something we discussed a while back, and the general problem with this is a simple one when you think about it... Whats a decal texture? Just because something is a func_decal, it doesn't mean its used as an actual decal. Likewise, the blendFunc of decals can be essentially anything, as well. So how do you catch whats a decal, and how do you tell that decal what to blend like? Is it possible? Yeah, of course it is. But it will take some crappy backward ass hack to get it working. Nicolas, over to you.

Camera view - Yeah we do have a lot of custom control options, but this was something we didn't add due to it wasn't something requested or common. People tend to enjoy proper first person controls for the camera view. Again, this is over to Nicolas.

Shortcut to select everything in 2d view - Yeah this is good. Ctrl-A type select all?

Weapon clip / Non-Colliding brushes - Yeah look at the common surface types :)
Lead Designer For Team Blur Games
Visit The OverDose Webpage & Forums

Gavavva
[TBG] Admin

Post » Sun May 12, 2019 1:18 pm

Something I always wanted was a way to essentially make a few different ivy models, and then a way to "paint" them into a scene, rather than place them individually and oddly. Then again, if I had a wish list, it would be massive haha.
Lead Designer For Team Blur Games
Visit The OverDose Webpage & Forums

IZaRTaX

Post » Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks for your answer, about the cut tool I'll make a video later to show you what I'm saying and yes please make the size info alive again :lol:
Last edited by IZaRTaX on Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

IZaRTaX

Post » Fri May 17, 2019 9:01 am