Hey up lads

Information on our Quake II Source Port and Graphical modification, Quake II Evolved, including help and support, features and downloads links.
Gavavva
[TBG] Admin

Hey up lads

Post » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:27 pm

If you have any links to old Q2E files, let me know so I can list them, thanks.
Lead Designer For Team Blur Games
Visit The OverDose Webpage & Forums

Gregs2k2
[TBG] Moderator

Post » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Fairly sure Danny has some stuff kicking around in the basement.....

hgdagon

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:10 pm

I've been collections Quake engine (and all derivatives) related files for quite some time now. At the moment I have about ~33GB laying around.
Here's the Q2E portion of that collection. This is all I've been able to dig out over the years including, but not limited to the Q2E website(s). I'm still missing a lot, though. I think I'm missing at least one more HUD, textures and what not. The MRC textures archive I included here, bc I think the website I found it on stated these were specifically for Q2E, but I don't really remember. I have a few other old Q2 textures laying around, if anyone's interested.

One more thing. I tried building the Q2E-Current branch, and most of the graphics options in the resulted executable were greyed out. So if you could shed some light on whether that branch is actually the latest revision of Q2E (and also how to build it properly), i'd really appreciate it.)))
Last edited by hgdagon on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Re:

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 am

This is quite embarrasing but I lost all the Q2E code I had when my disk died ages ago. Some time ago I was willing to play a bit with it, update some things in the code and stuff, mostly for personal use (tho I'd release the code to the public anyway if there was some interest) but I was never able to find the v0.46 code again anywhere. The latest I could find was v0.40. I couldn't even find the experimental versions with dynamic lighting and shadowing (v0.65 and up, IIRC).

It's amazing how much an old project can rot as the years go by. I wasn't even able to build the code without changes to make it compatible with current compilers and libraries.

hgdagon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:10 pm
One more thing. I tried building the Q2E-Current branch, and most of the graphics options in the resulted executable were greyed out. So if you could shed some light on whether that branch is actually the latest revision of Q2E (and also how to build it properly), i'd really appreciate it.)))

I honestly have no idea. That branch was maintained by another guy after we abandoned the Q2E project, and he had free reign over the code, so it could be anything for what I know. I did keep in touch with him back in the day, but man, it's been so long I don't even remember his name now.
Last edited by Berserk on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

hgdagon

Re: Re:

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:57 am

Berserk wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 am
... I was never able to find the v0.46 code again anywhere. The latest I could find was v0.40. I couldn't even find the experimental versions with dynamic lighting and shadowing (v0.65 and up, IIRC).
There is a branch called "Q2E_0.46", with the latest timestamp on the files being March 13, 2006. Also (a deleted) one called "Q2E_0.68" with May 22, 2006 timestamps. Also 2 other branches "Old\Q2E_0.40" and "Old\Q2E_0.46" with May 25, 2006 timestamps (the latter 3 timestamps are for the date the branch was deleted, so actual file changes may have different dates). I can't be sure, but if I recall correctly, the files in those branches differ from the ones in the main 0.40 and 0.46 branches. Better than nothing, right?
Last edited by hgdagon on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 pm

So you have the code for v0.46? You just made my day mate. I don't see it in your files though, care to point to the right one?

BTW, you russian?

hgdagon

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:06 am

@Berserk Armenian. q2ecvs-rsync.tar.xz in the link above is the entire CVS server I downloaded from SF. Branch(es) named 0.46/0.68 are deleted, but all the files can be recovered.

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Cool, I'll take a look. Thanks!

hgdagon

Re: Hey up lads

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:36 pm

@Berserk Just added another file Q2E_0.68.zip, found on web archive and it's got your name in it.

hgdagon

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 pm

I just added q2ecvs.tar.xz, which contains actual files (latest versions), as opposed to RCS files found in q2ecvs-rsync.tar.xz. @Berserk use that one, so you won't have to check out each module.

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Yeah, I'm only interested in v0.46 ATM. Thanks.

I bet I'll have trouble building this with up to date libraries and tools too, oh well...