Fallout 76

For discussing news, current events, films, gaming, rumours and all things that are going on in the world. Generally, anyway. No spam or thread will be removed.
Gavavva
[TBG] Admin

Fallout 76

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Oh dear, I appear to have an issue...

Picked this up dirt cheap on Xbox, like, pennies...

And... I’m bloody enjoying it. Like, quite a fair bit. The only gripes I’m even having are the same as Fallout 4, where on a pad it’s awful to control.

I may just even double dip on PC, as I’ve seen it for as low as a tenner.

Colour me shocked... Good lord...
Lead Designer For Team Blur Games
Visit The OverDose Webpage & Forums

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Hmmm... as a huge fan of the Fallout series since 3, I decided to skip past this one for some reason. Is it really good? Online multiplayer only? That's the part that puts me off a bit :s
Lead Programmer, Team Blur Games

Gavavva
[TBG] Admin

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:53 pm

I’m actually enjoying it a lot. Yes, there are... some rough edges. For example the lighting and graphics are some of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. But who cares, fallout 3/NV ain’t winning any beauty contests and those are incredible.

But some of the tougher points are things like general UI stuff that seem very counter intuitive to me. Stuff you would expect to see here, just isn’t. You have a weapon wheel, with access to any weapons and items you want, but it takes ages to do it. You have a huge map, but fast travel costs money. You can be playing fine and then... get nuked.

Also, there are no NPCs. This is... Stupid. No idea.

But so far I’ve omly met helpful people, and it really is fallout. Exploring is still fun, combat is still awful, it’s not as bad as the reviews all make out. But it IS online only. You can play alone, as I do, but it’s a bit dull that way as there is no story at all, other than what you read.

Oh and you’ll have a huge focus on carrying EVERYTHING just so you can get to a work bench and scrap it, to make new upgrades and shit.

Like I said, I can’t believe it’s reviewed as badly as it is. I think it’s more a case of “it’s not what I wanted” rather than “it’s a shit game”, and I agree there. J just wanted a normal coop mode in a normal game, with none of this base building, crafting rubbish.

But if you can get it cheap... Give it a go :)
Lead Designer For Team Blur Games

Berserk
[TBG] Admin

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:32 pm

I wish they made a coop game instead. It's the only thing I always wanted in 3, 4, and NV... it would be an awesome (and long) coop experience.
Lead Programmer, Team Blur Games